unless in Ruby on rails
By: Brian Marick in Ruby Tutorials on 2008-10-17
The word "unless" is in the English language for a reason. Contrast "unless the judge is unfair, you'll win" with "if the judge is not unfair, you'll win." Negations - especially negations of already negative ideas can be confusing. The same is true of Ruby code:
winner = you
if not unfair(judge)
winner = you
You can also use unless with the one-line form:
array.pop unless array.empty?
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Using Proxy to connect to URLs in Ruby
Open and manipulate CSV files in Ruby
dRuby client/server mode sample program
Using remote objects under dRuby
Reading URL content using Ruby (HTTP)
Traversing all files in a directory using Ruby