Question: What is an Expression tag in JSP?
By: Guru Singh in Interview Tutorials on 2008-08-24Question: What is an Expression tag in JSP?
Answer: An expression tag contains a scripting language expression that is evaluated, converted to a String, and inserted where the expression appears in the JSP file. Because the value of an expression is converted to a String, you can use an expression within text in a JSP file.
<%= someexpression %>
<%= (new java.util.Date()).toLocaleString() %>
You cannot use a semicolon
to end an expression
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
The output of System.out.println(5>>2) in Java
The output of System.out.println(5<<2) in Java
What do you understand by Synchronization?
Name the containers which uses Border Layout as their default layout?
What is bean managed transaction?
What are the call back methods in Session bean?
Can Entity Beans have no create() methods?
What is the difference between JTS and JTA?
What is difference between Java Bean and Enterprise Java Bean?
What is J2EE Connector architecture?
What do you understand by JTA and JTS?