Emulator: WARNING | *** No gRPC protection active, consider launching with the -grpc-use-jwt flag.***
By: Farida in Android Tutorials on 2023-04-03
The warning message
No gRPC protection active, consider launching with the -grpc-use-jwt flag indicates that the gRPC traffic between the emulator and the host machine is not secure. By default, gRPC traffic is not encrypted or authenticated, which can be a security risk.
To address this warning, you can launch the emulator with the
-grpc-use-jwt flag, which enables JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication for gRPC traffic. JWT is a widely used open standard for securely transmitting information between parties.
To launch the emulator with the
-grpc-use-jwt flag, follow these steps:
- Open the AVD Manager in Android Studio
- Click the pencil icon next to the emulator you want to launch
- Click the "Show Advanced Settings" button
- Scroll down to the "Command line options" section
- Add the following flag:
- Click the "Finish" button to save the changes
After launching the emulator with this flag, you should see a message in the console output that confirms the gRPC traffic is now using JWT authentication.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Performing Streamed Install adb: failed to install app buildoutputsapkdebugapp-debug.apk: Exception occurred while executing 'install': android.os.ParcelableException: java.io.IOException: Requested internal only, but not enough space