By: Farida in Android Tutorials on 2023-04-03
This error message suggests that your system is unable to locate the
adb executable file, which is a part of the Android SDK platform tools.
To fix this issue, you need to add the Android SDK platform tools directory to your system's PATH environment variable. Here are the steps to do this on Windows:
Open File Explorer and navigate to the directory where you installed the Android SDK. By default, this is usually located in
Once you've located the SDK directory, navigate to the
platform-toolsdirectory within it. The full path should look like
Copy the full path to the
Right-click on the Start menu button and select "System".
Click on "Advanced system settings" on the left-hand side of the System window.
Click on the "Environment Variables" button at the bottom of the window.
Under "System variables", scroll down until you find the "Path" variable and click on "Edit".
Click on "New" and paste the full path to the
platform-toolsdirectory that you copied earlier.
Click "OK" to close all the windows.
Restart your terminal or command prompt, and try running the
Once you've added the Android SDK platform tools directory to your system's PATH, your system should be able to locate the
adb executable and you should be able to run the command to install your app on a device or emulator.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Performing Streamed Install adb: failed to install app buildoutputsapkdebugapp-debug.apk: Exception occurred while executing 'install': android.os.ParcelableException: java.io.IOException: Requested internal only, but not enough space