By: Murali in Office365 Tutorials on 2012-10-24
There are several considerations in terms of migration from on-premise exchange 2003 to Office 365. There is no definitive guide since there are so many ways you can approach the migration and deployment.
The things you have to consider are
- What features of exchange are your users using right now that is a must in the cloud as well (public folders ...etc)
- What special considerations do you have on the on-premise environment (applications that integrate with mail, relaying to external contacts, ...etc)
- How much data do you have
- User credential management with Office 365 (MS id / MS id with Dir sync / ADFS with dir sync for single sign on)
- The process for migration (cutover migration / staged migration with simple coexistence/rich co-existence / imap migration)
- User client setup and functional migration
These are the main discussion points, once you know the path you are willing to take, this is when you draw plans either by own IT staff or through authorized Microsoft Partners such as 'Smart Source'
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Office365 )
Latest Articles (in Office365)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews