By: Kareem in Office365 Tutorials on 2012-07-13
Recently a customer saw this error message "This message can't be sent. You've reached the limit on the number of messages that can be sent in a 24-hour period." in her OWA while trying to send an email. She had no clue on what is happening. After some research this is what we found out.
She was using her email account as SMTP Relay server login, to send out emails from her webserver. At the same time, she is using the same email account as her personal email. This is why she reached the daily number of email messages limit in a day.
Here is a summary of message limits and recipient limits in Office 365
- The maximum total size of an e-mail message. The total size includes the message header, the message body, and any file attachments is 25MB
- The maximum number of file attachments allowed in an e-mail message is 125 attachments
- The maximum number of text characters allowed in the subject line of an e-mail message is 255 characters
- The maximum number of message body parts that are allowed in a MIME multipart message is 250 parts
- The maximum number of forwarded e-mail messages that are allowed in an e-mail message is 30 messages
- The maximum number of message recipients allowed in the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields is 500 recipients
- The maximum number of e-mail messages that can be sent from a single e-mail client per minute. The client is identified by the user account is 30 messages per minute
- The maximum number of recipients that can receive e-mail messages sent from a single cloud-based mailbox in a 24 hour period is 1500 recipients in a day.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Office365 )
Latest Articles (in Office365)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews