By: aathishankaran in EJB Tutorials on 2007-02-20
Entity bean is persistent object and represents an object view of data stored in permanent storage.
Entity beans can be of two types:
a) CMP (Entity Bean with Container Managed Persistence)
b) BMP (Entity Bean with Bean Managed Persistence)
In CMP, we do not need to write any SQL related code for adding a new record, editing a record or deleting a record, or querying a table. The EJB server itself automatically manages the creation of the table and appropriate SQL statements.
However, if we want to have complex joining of data from number of tables and then provide persistence, we will have to write our own SQL. Hence, the need for Bean managed Persistence.
1) Message-Driven Beans
Message Driven Bans do not have any interface. They are just a Java class.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in EJB )
Latest Articles (in EJB)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews