ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail' - ASP
By: Emiley J. in Asp.net Tutorials on 2008-04-08
Normally this happens when you are trying to send email from your asp page using CDONTS but your system doesn't have the cdonts.dll file. You can solve this issue by copying the cdonts.dll from any windows 2000 server (It will be normally found in the c:\winnt\system32 folder). Copy this file to your webserver and copy it to the c:\windows\system32 folder.
Just copying the file is not enough. You have to register the Active X component in that system. You can do it by following the steps below.
- Copy the cdonts.dll to the c:\windows\system32 folder or c"\winnt\system32 (whichever is applicable to you)
- Open the Command prompt
- Run the following command "regsvr32 cdonts.dll"
- You will now see a alert box that says component successfully registered.
Now you can send your emails from your asp using the CDONTS.
Sample asp to send email is given below.
Dim MyCDONTSMail2 Dim HTML Set MyCDONTSMail2 = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") HTML = "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC""-//IETF//DTD HTML//EN"">" HTML = HTML & "<html>" HTML = HTML & "<body>" HTML = HTML & "<p align=""Center"">" HTML = HTML & "<h4 align=""center""><u>You can put the heading here HTML = HTML & "</p>" ' The following four lines will get the form fields and values and add it to the email body. for x = 1 to Request.Form.count() HTML = HTML & Request.Form.key(x) & " = " HTML = HTML & Request.Form.item(x) & "<br>" next HTML = HTML & "</body>" HTML = HTML & "</html>" MyCDONTSMail2.From= "[email protected]" MyCDONTSMail2.To= "[email protected]" MyCDONTSMail2.cc= "[email protected]" 'if required MyCDONTSMail2.bcc= "[email protected]" 'if required MyCDONTSMail2.Subject="Your email subject" MyCDONTSMail2.BodyFormat=0 MyCDONTSMail2.MailFormat=0 MyCDONTSMail2.Body=HTML MyCDONTSMail2.Send set MyCDONTSMail2=nothing
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'JToken' could not be found.
Pagination in ASP.net core application
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error CS1061 'string' does not contain a definition for 'Any' and no accessible extension method 'Any' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Warning Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error CS0308 The non-generic type 'List' cannot be used with type arguments.
HttpError is not found in Asp,net core project
Microsoft.Identity vs Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory
Getting values from appsettings.json ASP.NET
Things to note when changing a function to async in your controller
Call an Action in a controller when user clicks a button in View
AmbiguousMatchException: The request matched multiple endpoints.
Development Mode in IIS for Asp.net projects
Do we need to redeploy the webapp when appsettings.json change?s
Button that is only clickable when the checkbox is checked
Passing a model globally to all Views in your Asp.net webapp