By: Manoj in Asp.net Tutorials on 2023-06-01
Swapping to Development environment will display more detailed information about the error that occurred. To set the
ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT environment variable in IIS, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager on your server.
- Navigate to the specific website or application where you want to set the environment variable.
- Select the "Configuration Editor" feature, which you can find in the main window or under the "Management" section.
- In the "Section" dropdown, select
- In the "From" dropdown, select
- Scroll down and locate the "environmentVariables" element.
- Click on the "..." button next to the "environmentVariables" element.
- In the "Collection Editor" window, click the "Add" button to add a new environment variable.
- In the "Name" field, enter
- In the "Value" field, enter
- Click "OK" to save the environment variable.
- Close the "Configuration Editor" window.
- Restart the website or application in IIS for the changes to take effect.
By setting the
ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT environment variable to
Development, you enable the development mode, which provides more detailed error information for debugging purposes. However, it's important to remember that the development mode should not be enabled for deployed applications as it may expose sensitive information to end-users.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error CS1061 'string' does not contain a definition for 'Any' and no accessible extension method 'Any' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)