By: Reema sen in Java Tutorials on 2007-09-15
A utility is used to generate a JAR file. Its syntax is shown here:
jar options files
Creating a JAR File
The following command creates a JAR file named Xyz.jar that contains all of the .class and .gif files in the current directory:
jar cf Xyz.jar *.class *.gif
If a manifest file such as Yxz.mf is available, it can be used with the following command:
jar cfm Xyz.jar Yxz.mf *.class *.gif
Tabulating the Contents of a JAR File
The following command lists the contents of Xyz.jar:
jar tf Xyz.jar
Extracting Files from a JAR File
The following command extracts the contents of Xyz.jar and places those files in the current directory:
jar xf Xyz.jar
Updating an Existing JAR File
The following command adds the file file1.class to Xyz.jar:
jar -uf Xyz.jar file1.class
The following command adds all files below directoryX to Xyz.jar:
jar -uf Xyz.jar -C directoryX *
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Java )
Latest Articles (in Java)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews