By: aathishankaran in Java Tutorials on 2007-02-20
OOP offers several benefits to the program designer and the user. Object-orientation contributes to the solutions of many problem associated with the development and quality of software products. The new technology promises greater programmer productivity, better quality of software and lesser maintenance cost. The principal advantages are:
- Through inheritance, we can eliminate redundant code and extend the use of existing classes.
- We can built programs from standard working modules that communicate with one another rather than, having to start writing the code from scratch. This leads to saving of development time and higher productivity.
- The principle of data hiding helps the programmers to built secure program that can't be invaded by code in other parts of the program.
- It is possible to have multiple objects to coexist without any interference.
- It is possible to map objects in the problem domain to those objects in the program.
- It is easy to partition the work in a project based on objects.
- The data-centered design approach enables us to capture more details of the model in an implementable form.
- Object-oriented systems can be easily upgraded from small to large system
- Message passing technique for communication between objects make the interface descriptions with external system much simpler.
- Software complexity can be easily managed.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Java )
Latest Articles (in Java)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews