By: Standley in Reviews Tutorials on 2013-03-26
Ninety percent of the Smartphone market is shared between Android phones and iPhones. Windows 8 phones and BlackBerry phones are fighting for the third place in the market. The top spots are taken by Samsung and Apple. In this review we discuss the features of the two new Widnows 8 phones from Nokia and Samsung.
Nokia Lumia 520
The Windows 8 seems better suited for the phones when compared to on laptops. The navigation seems quite easy and in some ways better than Android navigation. Nokia Lumia 620 and Samsung's ATIV S both feature Windows 8. Personally the Lumia 620 is my favourite partly due to its low price and has most of the features of Lumia 920 at the third of its price. Nokia Drive is one of the best navigation app around. Free maps can be downloaded to operate the app offline. Nokia Lumia 620 has casings that can be switched and therefore you can sport many different colours.
Samsung ATIV S
Samsung's ATIV S not so popular as Galaxy SIII or the SIV which runs on Android. But being a Windows 8 phone it does attract a little attention. It is fast and responsive. Looks-wise it looks more like the SIII and it works well too.
Of course there are some issues with Windows 8 phones as compared to Android or Apple phones but its just a matter of time. For example, many complain that the number of apps in Windows 8 are fewer when compared but I guess its just a matter of time where more apps will be available and if you are a developer you should be targeting Windows 8 app development to target the growing market.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Reviews )
Latest Articles (in Reviews)