By: Dale Vile, David and others in Trends Tutorials on 2010-07-09
Cloud computing most commonly refers to the delivery of computing services over the internet as an alternative to running hardware and software in your data centre or computer room. You rent or subscribe to computing capability, rather than installing and running systems yourself. Everything from raw computing power to full blown business applications can be delivered in this way.
Most organizations that adopt cloud computing are likely to do so alongside their in-house systems, according to what makes the most business sense.
Cloud computing involves pooling lots of hardware and software together and sharing it out to whoever needs it, on demand - similar to the way a water company pools and shares its supply from rivers, bore holes and reservoirs. Service providers offer public clouds, but IT departments can use the same technology to create private clouds.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Trends )
Latest Articles (in Trends)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews