By: Emiley J in Trends Tutorials on 2012-03-16
Chromebooks are laptops that run Google's Chrome OS. The major difference of a chromebook is that it is managed centrally on the cloud. Which means when you bootup you login with your google account and immediately all the apps are available to you including google apps and thousands of other web apps available in chrome store. You dont ever need a CD to install apps. Just browse the apps just like you will do on an android or iphone. Then install it with a click of a button.
google is charging both on a monthly basis Eg($30/month) for enterprises and $20/month for educational instituitions. It can also be bought upfront for prices that range from $499 onwards. Different brands such as Samsung, Acer etc, are available.
The following are the features of a Chromebook:
The bootingup is really fast. In fact it is around 8 seconds to bootup. They also use prerendering technology that makes applications such as search showup results almost instantly. The OS also gets updated automatically.
Chromebooks use technologies such as sandboxing, data encryption and verified boot to make the chromebooks very secure. You can also use multiple logins to share laptops securely with friends. It also protects from viruses and malware without the need to install antivirus or other applications.
It has built-in Wifi and 3G which enables you to carry the chromebook at home,office or anywhere outside without disconnecting to the internet. However you will have to insert a SIM card to use 3G. The battery life has increased as well as compared to normal notebooks as some of the processing is done on the cloud.
Each chromebook runs thousands of webapps from the chromestore. Without the need for a CD to install you just browse the appstore and install them with a click of a button.
You can get more details of chromebook from here.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in Trends )
Latest Articles (in Trends)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews