npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open C:UsersusernameAppDataLocal pm-cache\_cacache mpgit-clonexxxxpackage.json npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
By: Deepak Mishra in node.js Tutorials on 2023-04-03
This error message typically indicates that NPM is unable to find the
package.json file for the project you are trying to install or run. Here are a few possible solutions you can try:
Check if the
package.jsonfile exists in your project directory. If it does not exist, create one using
Clear the NPM cache and try installing the packages again:
npm cache clean --force npm install
If you are using a specific version of Node.js, try switching to a different version or updating Node.js to the latest version.
If you are using a VPN or proxy server, try disabling it temporarily and see if that resolves the issue.
Try deleting the
node_modulesfolder and then running
If the error persists, try deleting the
npm-cachefolder located in
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\npm-cacheand then running
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in node.js )
Latest Articles (in node.js)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews