Comment on Tutorial - Steps to Create Shared Mailbox in office 365 By Ashley
Comment Added by : Emiley
Comment Added at : 2013-01-11 03:56:02
Comment on Tutorial : Steps to Create Shared Mailbox in office 365 By Ashley
This is an old method although it works. The better method is as follows I am using [email protected] as an example:
1. First create a new-mailbox with type set as shared.
New-Mailbox -Name "HR" -Alias hr -Shared
2. Then set the mailbox size to 5GB (This is very imp)
Set-Mailbox hr -ProhibitSendReceiveQuota 5GB -ProhibitSendQuota 4.75GB -IssueWarningQuota 4.5GB
3. Then login to your 365 exchange admin console and create a security group as follows:
3.1 Select My Organization > Users & Groups > Distribution Groups > New.
3.2 Specify a display name, alias, and e-mail address. In this example, we'll use Hr Staff, hrDG, and [email protected]
3.3 Select the Make this group a security group check box.
In the Ownership section, click Add to add an owner, if necessary.
3.4 In the Membership section, click Add.
3.5 In the Select Members page, select the users you want to add. When you are finished, click OK.
3.6 On the New Group page, click Save.
4. Now give access to the hr mailbox to this security group
Add-MailboxPermission "HR" -User hrDG -AccessRights FullAccess
5. Finally give SendAs permission
Add-RecipientPermission "HR" -Trustee hrDG -AccessRights SendAs
Thats it you are done. So next time you want to add another user to this group, just add the user to the security group. This way it is easier to mange next time.
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
3. Hi! Thanks for the examples posted here...it reall
View Tutorial By: creece at 2009-01-23 17:28:33
8. Very good explanation . I was very confuse but rea
View Tutorial By: Shahabaj at 2010-08-10 08:58:39
9. i have been trained in java stream. But i dont kno
View Tutorial By: savio at 2013-01-23 10:15:51