Comment on Tutorial - MVC Architecture (Model 2 Architecture) By Baski
Comment Added by : Tayo
Comment Added at : 2010-01-03 12:53:46
Comment on Tutorial : MVC Architecture (Model 2 Architecture) By Baski
Thanks for the clear illustration of the MVC2 architecture. Could you please help me with this scenario:
1. I have a controller (servlet1) that passes some data(model) to the view (jsp1) for display.
2. On jsp1, i want to have a hyperlink to display some other view (jsp2), which a different set of data.
What is the proper approach?
a. Do i point the hyperlink (href) to another controller (servlet2) which gets the data(model) for display on jsp2
b. Do i just point the hyperlink (href) directly to jsp2 and then use JSTL sql to access my data correctly? Is it proper to do this with MVC2 mindset?
If i take the approach in a., does it mean that i'll need a controller servlet for each view?
Please note that i'm trying to learn the MVC2 approach without using any framework yet.
Kindly help. Thanks
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
1. In listing 6.2 I don't see the variable name itsAg
View Tutorial By: JC at 2013-04-16 01:49:52
3. (i'm a senior PHP programmer, but a newbie in JSP,
View Tutorial By: LOL at 2013-03-22 08:57:21
7. where i can find Messageressourse.properties......
View Tutorial By: sanjiv at 2013-09-07 06:59:19
9. if done all the steps but i have found out this er
View Tutorial By: hisham at 2010-11-24 11:01:54
10. I used the script above, and it seems to work exce
View Tutorial By: Michael at 2012-05-15 20:50:49