By: Emiley J. in J2ME Tutorials on 2006-12-17
Update: This article is too old and is no longer valid as the iDEN networks andd the related developer portals are no longer in use as it was replaced by other networks in recent years.
The iDEN developers have always faced the problem in loading the J2ME application to their iDEN handsets. Until late 2006 there have been restrictions on how many handsets a developer can use to upload applications. Motorola also had an authentication mechanism by which the developer had to get the local iDEN network provider's permission to use the iDEN web jal application loader. It all has changed.
NOW, Motorola has opened up these JALs to the developer community. There is no restriction or authentication any more. You just have to download the JAL application from below links and you can start using them already.
Personally I feel that this should have happened long ago. But it is better late than never. So here are the links. Based on which is your target phone you can download the appropriate loader.
iDEN Open Java Application Loader
The new Open JAL tool allows developers to download local and network-aware applications to all iDEN Java-enabled handsets. This new version removes all access restrictions and supersedes previous versions of this tool. The Open WebJAL tool will work on all iDEN-network handsets.
iDEN Open Java Application Loader for Dual-Mode Handsets
The new Open WebJAL tool allows developers to download local and network-aware applications to all iDEN Java-Enabled handsets. This new version removes all access restrictions and supersedes previous versions of this tool. The Open WebJAL tool will work with the dual-mode ic402 and ic502.
iDEN Open Java Application Loader for Smartphone
The new Open JAL tool allows developers to download local and network-aware applications to all iDEN Java-Enabled handsets. This new version removes all access restrictions and supersedes previous versions of this tool. The Open WebJAL for smartphone will work with the iDEN i930/i920 smartphones.
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further comments.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Most Viewed Articles (in J2ME )
Latest Articles (in J2ME)
- Data Science
- React Native
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews