By: Emiley J. Viewed: 154331 times
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
As always the NoClassDefFoundError is caused due to classpath problems or missing jar files.
In this case, This is caused when the commons-logging-1.1.1.jar file is not in your path.
Follow these steps to solve this problem.
- Download the commons-logging-1.1.1.jar file or later version from the following url.
- http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-logging/download_logging.cgi (download and extract the jar files in your computer)
- Add the commons-logging-1.1.1.jar file to your 'lib' folder in your project if you are using an IDE like netbeans or add it to your classpth if you are doing it manually
- Rebuild your project and run.
Most Viewed Articles (in Java )
Latest Articles (in Java)
Comment on this tutorial
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
2. Muchas Gracias, me ha servido de mucho el aporte.<
View Tutorial By: Juan Carlos at 2009-03-25 18:11:37
9. Hello, I am working with the JFreeChart software w
View Tutorial By: Dattasmita at 2010-07-22 07:29:50
12. Excellent. I got stuck in a huge project and was f
View Tutorial By: Rahul Tiwari at 2010-12-08 22:40:29
16. thank you so much. i've been fixing this problem o
View Tutorial By: yo at 2011-06-05 13:25:37
22. As soon as I added common-logging-1.1.1.jar My all
View Tutorial By: shrawan kumar at 2011-10-30 12:06:50
29. Thanks bro...you save me from a great problem...ve
View Tutorial By: Tishan at 2012-07-09 09:14:07
30. Thanks, After adding commons jar file it is workin
View Tutorial By: Arvind at 2012-09-17 07:42:34
33. Thanks a bunch forr sharing this with all folks yo
View Tutorial By: revelations 2012 gameplay at 2017-05-13 07:13:59
35. I know this if off topic but I'm looking int start
View Tutorial By: swedish world cup team at 2017-06-05 16:55:46