Answer: The JDBC 2.0 API includes the complete JDBC API, which includes both core and Optional Package API, and provides inductrial-strength database computing capabilities.
New Features in JDBC 2.0 Core API:
• Scrollable result sets- using new methods in the ResultSet interface allows programmatically move the to particular row or to a position relative to its current position
• JDBC 2.0 Core API provides the Batch Updates functionality to the java applications.
• Java applications can now use the ResultSet.updateXXX methods.
• New data types - interfaces mapping the SQL3 data types
• Custom mapping of user-defined types (UTDs)
• Miscellaneous features, including performance hints, the use of character streams, full precision for java.math.BigDecimal values, additional security, and support for time zones in date, time, and timestamp values