Comment on Tutorial - Steps to Create Shared Mailbox in office 365 By Ashley
Comment Added by : Emiley
Comment Added at : 2013-01-11 03:56:02
Comment on Tutorial : Steps to Create Shared Mailbox in office 365 By Ashley
This is an old method although it works. The better method is as follows I am using email@example.com as an example:
1. First create a new-mailbox with type set as shared.
New-Mailbox -Name "HR" -Alias hr -Shared
2. Then set the mailbox size to 5GB (This is very imp)
Set-Mailbox hr -ProhibitSendReceiveQuota 5GB -ProhibitSendQuota 4.75GB -IssueWarningQuota 4.5GB
3. Then login to your 365 exchange admin console and create a security group as follows:
3.1 Select My Organization > Users & Groups > Distribution Groups > New.
3.2 Specify a display name, alias, and e-mail address. In this example, we'll use Hr Staff, hrDG, and hrDG@yourdomain.com
3.3 Select the Make this group a security group check box.
In the Ownership section, click Add to add an owner, if necessary.
3.4 In the Membership section, click Add.
3.5 In the Select Members page, select the users you want to add. When you are finished, click OK.
3.6 On the New Group page, click Save.
4. Now give access to the hr mailbox to this security group
Add-MailboxPermission "HR" -User hrDG -AccessRights FullAccess
5. Finally give SendAs permission
Add-RecipientPermission "HR" -Trustee hrDG -AccessRights SendAs
Thats it you are done. So next time you want to add another user to this group, just add the user to the security group. This way it is easier to mange next time.
- Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- Java Beans
- Mac OS X
- Office 365
- Tech Reviews
Subscribe to Tutorials
1. hi could u tell me how to download a file using se
View Tutorial By: akki at 2013-02-19 05:52:03
2. it is good to unstand and easy to remember forever
View Tutorial By: Abdul at 2011-11-10 21:03:41
3. hi i have used this code in my site. and it says <
View Tutorial By: Jawad at 2011-01-16 06:31:00
5. i have created the main class to run the five clas
View Tutorial By: Muraya at 2014-04-08 14:48:36
6. Thanks to you for providing such a wonderful infor
View Tutorial By: Tara Patra at 2010-08-30 07:22:44
7. hello it wrong in memmove nd memcpy case. I am get
View Tutorial By: jaya at 2012-04-05 17:18:14